SJBPH Announces “Shot and a Beer” Vaccine Offer in Partnership with Ska Brewing
Free beer tokens will be available to residents age 21+ receiving COVID vaccination on Saturday, May 22nd
Durango, Colo.: Thanks to the generous support of Ska Brewing Company, San Juan Basin Public Health (SJBPH) is announcing a “Shot and a Beer” for individuals who have yet to receive the COVID vaccine. Any resident of legal drinking age who receives their vaccination this Saturday, May 22nd at SJBPH’s clinic at the Fort Lewis College Student Life Center will receive one free beer token to redeem at Ska Brewing. The clinic will be held between 10:00am and 3:00pm. The offer is good only at the May 22nd clinic and while supplies last.
- Saturday, May 22nd from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm. Fort Lewis College Student Life Center, Durango, 1000 Rim Dr.
“Throughout the pandemic, the business community has been so supportive of public health and keeping our community safe. We think ‘Shot and a Beer’ is a fun offer that will motivate some people who have been putting off their vaccine,” said Liane Jollon, SJBPH Executive Director. “We’re grateful Ska wanted to partner with us to help get more people out for their COVID shot. The more people who are vaccinated, the healthier our community will be and the faster we can fully recover and get back to normal as a community,” Jollon added.
“We know this past year has been challenging for so many. The Durango community has always supported us and we want to do our part to keep our neighbors and community members safe!” said Kristen Muraro, Ska Brewing Company’s Sales & Marketing Director.
Although the “Shot and a Beer” tokens will only be available on May 22nd, there are multiple clinics scheduled by a range of local providers and SJBPH urges the community to get the vaccine as soon as they are able. Additional incentive offers are being planned with the business community and will be sent out as soon as possible.
Upcoming community vaccination clinics today (5/19), Thursday (5/20), and Saturday (5/22) in Durango and Pagosa Springs:
- Wednesday, May 19th, from 1 pm to 6 pm. Fort Lewis College Student Life Center, 1000 Rim Dr., Durango. Pfizer. Appointments available.
- Thursday, May 20th from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm. Ross Aragon Community Center, Pagosa Springs, 451 Hot Springs Blvd. Johnson & Johnson. Appointments available.
- Thursday, May 20th from 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm. Ross Aragon Community Center, Pagosa Springs, 451 Hot Springs Blvd. Pfizer. Appointments available.
- Saturday, May 22nd from 10 am – 12 pm. Fort Lewis College Student Life Center, 1000 Rim Dr., Durango. Pfizer. Free beer token offered to 21+. Appointments available.
- Saturday, May 22nd from 12 pm – 3 pm. Fort Lewis College Student Life Center, 1000 Rim Dr., Durango. Pfizer. Free beer token offered to 21+. Appointments available.
The vaccine is now available to all residents ages 12 and up. Youth ages 12 to 17 are only eligible for Pfizer vaccine and should verify the vaccine type being offered before signing up for an appointment or walking into a clinic. Minors must have a signed parental consent form which can be completed online when registering or at the clinic.
Although advance registration is preferred, walk-ins are also welcome at upcoming clinics. The vaccine is free, no ID required.
Additional information about the COVID vaccine, and links to make appointments from other vaccine providers offering Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, and Pfizer clinics, can be found on SJBPH’s website: https://sjbpublichealth.org/
San Juan Basin Public Health is a local public health agency, governed by a seven-member local Board of Health, serving all residents of La Plata and Archuleta counties. For over 70 years, San Juan Basin Public Health has improved the health and environment of the Southwest Colorado community.
# # #