Do you love La Plata? Do you want to make it even better? Work with us!
The Communications and Membership Coordinator supports the organization in day-to-day communications, marketing, and outreach to Local First business members and the La Plata County community at large. We are seeking a team member who shares a passion for independent business and is eager to learn about the Local Movement and its role in creating a just, equitable, and prosperous economy. See job description for more information.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, resume, and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on May 17th.
Do you love La Plata? Do you want to make it even better? Get involved!
Perks of Volunteering:
- Get to know your neighbors
Attend fun events for free
Learn new skills
Do good for the community you live in!
Free individual membership when you volunteer 20 hours or more!
- The Inside Scoop: Get the word out by helping with our newsletter, writing for our blog, or posting on social media.
- Party with Us: Attend events with us such as the Farmers Market, the Harvest Dinner, or Noel Night.
- Foodies: Support our local farmers, chefs, and grocers through our local food program and Eat Local Celebration.
- Creative Cats: Work with our artistic team on murals, web design, and advertisements.
- Local is the Way: Help with planning and organizing Localist events, meetups, and facebook pages.
Intern With Us!
Are you a high school or college student looking for opportunities to boost your resume, make connections in the community, and work on things you are passionate about? Apply to be an intern!
Internship Roles and Responsibilities
1 semester commitment (minimum)
Can be for school credit or for personal experience
5-20 hours per week, determined by intern and staff
Help with general office administration
Design personal project to complete within the semester (possible projects include: website design, social media plan, event coordinator, business development, etc.)
Interested? Please email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter on why you would like to work with Local First!