We Are Hiring!
Do you love La Plata and have leadership skills? Local First is looking for a new Managing Director. Consider applying to play a key role in being the voice of the local, independent business community.
- Apply by Tuesday, October 27th at noon
Applicants will be notified by November 4th – 6th if they are moving onto the next step with a Zoom interview
Finalists are notified November 9th-12th
Start date for the position is mid-December to early January 2021
Please review the job description and qualifications below. Competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in applying, send a cover letter that includes a statement of ‘why you want this job,’ salary and total compensation expectation, list of work references, and professional resume, all submitted in one .pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org. References will not be contacted unless a candidate becomes a finalist.
Do you love La Plata? Do you want to make it even better? Get involved!
Perks of Volunteering:
- Get to know your neighbors
Attend fun events for free
Learn new skills
Do good for the community you live in!
Free individual membership when you volunteer 20 hours or more!
- The Inside Scoop: Get the word out by helping with our newsletter, writing for our blog, or posting on social media.
- Party with Us: Attend events with us such as the Farmers Market, the Harvest Dinner, or Noel Night.
- Foodies: Support our local farmers, chefs, and grocers through our local food program and Eat Local Celebration.
- Creative Cats: Work with our artistic team on murals, web design, and advertisements.
- Local is the Way: Help with planning and organizing Localist events, meetups, and facebook pages.
Intern With Us!
Are you a high school or college student looking for opportunities to boost your resume, make connections in the community, and work on things you are passionate about? Apply to be an intern!
Internship Roles and Responsibilities
1 semester commitment (minimum)
Can be for school credit or for personal experience
5-20 hours per week, determined by intern and staff
Help with general office administration
Design personal project to complete within the semester (possible projects include: website design, social media plan, event coordinator, business development, etc.)
Interested? Please email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter on why you would like to work with Local First!