Applications are OPEN for businesses with 2019 revenue greater than 2.5M!
Applications will be accepted Friday, March 5, 2021 through Friday, March 12, 2021. La Plata County businesses are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. The window for applications is very short, and follow-up materials may be requested after application submittal to ensure businesses have met eligibility requirements.
The State of Colorado’s Division of Local Government (DOLA) is administering a $35.15 million Small Business Relief Program (Senate Bill 20B-001) to provide direct relief payments to eligible small businesses operating in the defined industries. Local First has partnered with La Plata County to administer these necessary funds to the hardest-hit small businesses in our community as we continue to navigate the effects of the pandemic together.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Gather Required Documentation
Does Your Business Qualify For Funding?
Any corporation, LLC, partnership or sole proprietorship (nonprofits are not eligible) that fits into the following types of businesses are eligible for relief payments:
- Bars (includes establishments like a Winery, Brewery, Distillery, etc.)
- Movie Theaters
- Gyms & Recreation Centers
Note: Applicants that were in operation prior to January 1, 2020 must provide evidence of at least twenty percent (20%) revenue loss in ANY month since March 26, 2020 due to the restrictions imposed by stay-at-home orders (Governor’s Executive Order D2020 017 and CDPHE Amended Public Health Order 20-24).
How Much Relief Funding Can Your Business Receive?
Senate Bill 20B-001 sets forth tiered relief payment caps, based on the business’ receipts (sales or revenue) from 2019, in the following fashion:
- Receipts less than $500,000.00 = up to $3,500.00 may be available
- Receipts $500,000.00 or greater but less than or equal to $1,000,000.00 = up to $5,000.00 may be available
- Receipts greater than $1,000,000.00 but less than $2,500,000.00 = up to $7,000.00 may be available
- Receipts greater than $2,500,000.00 = up to $7,000.00 may be available
NOTE: These tiers may be formulaically adjusted downward based on total dollars allocated to each eligible entity.
Qualifying Businesses Must Submit the Following Documentation
- Verification of the business’ Colorado income tax account number (or verification of the business’ Colorado tax exempt certificate number if the business is exempt from filing Colorado income tax returns).
- Receipt from the business’ most recent payment of unemployment insurance payroll taxes.
- Proof of good standing with the Colorado Secretary of State.
- Form W-9
- Provide evidence of the number of its full-time employees at the time of application.
- Submit proof of operations on or before March 26, 2020.
- Provide evidence of annual receipts for the applicable year. A copy of a complete, signed 2019 or 2020 tax return may be required by Local First in its discretion.
Learn more about the La Plata County Relief Fund from our webinar: