During the week of July 4th, Local First hosts ‘‘Independents Week’’ in celebration of our nation’s locally owned, independent businesses. This nationwide campaign is designed to recognize the importance of economic democracy and community self-determination.
During this week-long summer celebration, Local First works to:
- Praise local businesses for their commitment to individuality and efforts to keep economic prosperity within the community.
- Celebrate the spirit of entrepreneurism and individuality as we recognize independent and locally owned contributions of time, talent, goods, and services.
- Promote our members and raise awareness of the importance of local, independent businesses and the values they embody.
- Honor the social fabric of our unique community and how much our local, independent shops contribute to it.
- Demonstrate to tourists the importance of supporting local businesses, directing them to locally owned, independent destinations to stay, eat, and shop.
We invite our members to join us in promoting and celebrating locally owned, independent businesses.
Call 970-799-6618 or email Local First directly with any questions or to sign up!
Independents Week is part of a nationwide campaign facilitated by the American Independent Business Alliance.